Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Antiqued Mirror.

Hi Lovelies. Today I've got antiqued mirror on my mind. I'm considering including the finish in either the master bedroom or the master bath at the house. Something about it is so peaceful and romantic, perfect for these two areas in a home. Here are a few of my antique mirror favorites.




My only concern is that it will make the spaces look too feminine, like some of the above spaces. The overall feel of the house is collected, with a mesh of classic and ethic pieces and accessories. I don't want the bedroom or bathroom to have a completely different feel or to seem too glamorous/ frou-frou against the rest of the home.


I'm drawn to the paneled doors above. They add a hint of glam but still seem classic due to the large white borders. I think I like that they don't steal the show but still seem purposeful and add visual interest. They seem like they were meant to be there, not just an after thought (something that separates great design from so-so design).
Celerie Kemble's bedroom makes me believe it's possible to incorporate the finish and maintain a warm and collected feel. I've already purchased an ethnic rug for the space and need to make sure it all works together. I love her use of color and the quirky shaped canopy on her bed. Leave it to Celerie to nail it every time.

Any ideas where or how to include it based on my restrictions?

All images via My Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...