Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Staircase Inspiration.

In honor of Halloween, I thought I'd share a creepy corner of the house...


This is the stairway down to the basement and it's one of the first things you see when you enter through the garage. No joke, it looks like something out of a scary movie. Luckily it won't look like this for much longer.

It is being papered in this (see more grass cloth here)...


And then I want to install new treads
and paint paint paint until they look a little more like this...

or this...

or this.


And to top it off, I've decided this is going to be one big gallery wall/ stairway. My plan is to display travel pictures from all of our adventures and let the gallery grow over the years, the more exotic it becomes, the better! Love what's happening on this staircase.



Slightly ambitious given the current state of the stairs, but why not dream big if I'm going to be dreaming, right? And fresh paint cures a world of worries so I should have those stairs looking much better in no time. I'll keep you updated on the progress.

Until then, do you have any fun/inexpensive ideas for hopeless stairs? I'd love to hear! I'm kind of desperate!

1 comment:

  1. So funny--I have a folder on my computer called "stair tread inspiration," but I haven't seen several of these.

    Also, I'm your latest follower!

    Heather
    loveyourspace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...