Wednesday, March 2, 2011

My Home Tour: Kitchen.

Kitchens should be open and airy. Filled with beautiful cabinetry, an envy worthy backsplash, and pendent lights to drool over. Materials such as butcher block, Carrera marble, subway tiles, and dark wood floors should all at least be considered.

Sadly enough, none of those elements make a guest appearance in my tiny galley kitchen. And since it's a rental, and a temporary one at that, I am unable to do any renovating. That's correct, that means I can't even paint the cabinets a milky white, and replacing the old, dirty and all around hideous linoleum is a no-no.

With that said, I kind of love my kitchen. It'd bright yet cozy, has a very eclectic vibe, and is filled with so many fun memories and new-recipes-turned-old-favorites tackled with my boyfriend. Memories of friends stuffed into that tiny kitchen are some of my favorites. And while I can't wait for a future kitchen filled with all my favorite yummy elements, I'll always look back fondly on this one.

Come on in! Can I get you anything? :)

(Notice the floors are completely covered. You don't want to see the ugliness that resides underneath.)


(The black area behind the sink is chalkboard paint. This is my favorite element of the kitchen! It's great for grocery lists, fun quotes, and little love letters :))


(I found a vintage menu from The Grand Hotel on Mackinac Island, MI, aka one of my favorite places on earth. I recreated it on canvas and love that it reminds me of that magical island every time I'm cooking.)



(Vintage knife set I attached to a basket I had no other use for.)

(Those sparkly sponges were found at Home Goods and they make cleaning -something I'm not so fond of- a little bit happier. They remind me of a favorite vintage clutch. Fresh basil in a tea cup smells good and is easily accessible when cooking.)


Thanks for stopping by! Have a great day :)

And remember, if you want help in your home, I offer a range of design services.
Contact me at atlsdesign@gmail.com for details.

1 comment:

  1. I love that chalkboard wall! I cannot wait to renovate. Sigh. A few more years of saving to go!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...