Monday, February 7, 2011

Silhouette Pillow.

Massucco Warner Miller Interior Design now sells both custom and standard silhouette pillows on their site. And they're absolutely amazing! The burlap and canary combo is a personal favorite, but really the options are endless.

This got me thinking about a fun little DIY option. Spice up an old pillow by adding a felt silhouette in a fun color. Simply create a silhouette on paper (or find an anonymous one online), trace it onto fabric, cut it out and use fabric glue to attach the silhouette. And in an hour you've got a brand new pillow!

P.S Any readers who get bit by the DIY bug and try this project, send pics to my email at heidi.atlsdesign@gmail.com. I'd love to see your work!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Heidi

    Have you given this project a try yet? It's pretty easy if you use iron on interfacing. I've had success with a couple cushions, now. I do like the above pillow with the burlap and the yellow. The yellow is mellowed out but still pops. I wonder if the burlap is comfortable, tho. Anyways, check out my DIY page for this project:
    http://typearamblings.blogspot.com/2012/03/diy-space-invader-pillow.html

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...