Thursday, October 28, 2010

de Gorgeous.

de Gournay wallpaper is one of those materials in every designer's "dream" toolbox. To have the opportunity to use it in a clients home, or dare I say it, their own space, is a definite fantasy come true.

The beautiful colors and feminine design scream luxury. I can't even imagine the amount of time it takes artists to hand paint each and every panel that end up wrapping a room in timeless beauty.




I stopped dead in my tracks when I saw the custom design Grant K. Gibson commissioned for a teenage girl's room in the Elle Decor Showhouse.




What I especially love about these images is the way a classic element like de Gournay wallpaper is successfully combined with modern items to give the space a current vibe. I'm sure Gibson will do the same, especially since I caught a glimpse of zebra covered padded headboards to be included in the space. Proof that classic doesn't have to be stuffy.











(images: Miles Redd, Boston Design Center Dream Home, Miles Redd, Elle Decor, Massucco Warner Miller)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...